Monday 25 January 2016

Personal Evaluation


Personal Evaluation:


    This module has offered me a great insight to the world of branding and exposed me to many different media platforms.  This module has been a  huge learning experience for me, not only working in a team but on how to create a brand and how to dissect  existing  brands through teaching in seminars and personal research.

     Working as a team is something that is new to me. Establishing a framework that will be successful took time but once we designated roles and felt comfortable within the team the ideas and creativity flowed. 

    As an illustrator at first I found it difficult to establish myself within a role as I had little knowledge of some of the software, however I quickly picked up techniques through research and learnt from the other team members. 


   I contributed to the group by sparking ideas, at the naming process, coming up with new directions and possible promotion ideas. As a team we failed to see the point of the brand. We got caught up in the commercial side of product, rather than the brand identity. We had to revaluate quickly. We successfully did this I believe by using the quote “ The big idea around the brand is more important than the big idea behind the marketing campaign”. This quote heavily influenced our new direction as we kept referring to it throughout the creative stages. Without the idea and values of the brand being correct there is no success.


    Once the brand values and name was established ( All done as a team).  We worked on designating roles to produce certain products for the brand. I contributed to ideas with logos, T-shirt designs and promotion, going out and helping with the locations of the photography, editing photos, creating badges, magazine and business stationary. I also created a visual storyboard for the video production of an possible advert.


    I struggled with initial ideas, and bringing a concept or direction as I had little to none knowledge on ‘creating a brand’ .  I also was at a disadvantage with  some of the Adobe software, but quickly educated myself through the use of online tutorials. However I felt that once I had done in depth research which is reflected on my blog, I was much more confident as a team member, being able to put forward ideas to the team and work I had produced myself. 


Overall I felt we worked well as a team creating something that had come together well with the use of tone and colours. The production process I felt went successful as we all inputted idea and creative skills resulting in a brand that had an identify. If we were to do it again I would look into a stronger name, and producing video footage from the storyboards, continuing the tone from the still images produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment